Mediterranean Diet Slow Cooker Cookbook: 100 Healthy Recipeshwadmin
(as of Jun 21,2021 12:51:05 UTC – Details)
The healthy deliciousness of Mediterranean fare, the convenience of slow cooking
The captivating flavors of Mediterranean food aren’t its only draw―the cuisine is packed with healthy ingredients like fresh produce, whole grains, and succulent seafood. With 100 set-it-and-forget-it slow cooker recipes, the Mediterranean Diet Slow Cooker Cookbook lets you enjoy the benefits of a Mediterranean diet―no long prep time (or plane trip!) required.
In the Mediterranean Diet Slow Cooker Cookbook, you’ll learn the basics of cooking for a Mediterranean diet and explore a variety of flavors from Italy, Greece, Morocco, and more. The helpful tips and cooking guidelines in this slow cooker cookbook make preparing the recipes even easier.
Inside the Mediterranean Diet Slow Cooker Cookbook, you’ll find:
- 100 mouthwatering recipes―Savor Mediterranean-inspired foods like Shrimp Risotto, Chicken with Lemon and Artichokes, Lemon Olive Oil Cake, and more.
- Simple ingredients―The nourishing recipes in this slow cooker cookbook feature easy-to-find natural ingredients―nothing overly processed and no excessive additives.
- Low, slow cooking―Most dishes cook up in 6-8 hours, letting you go about your day stress-free; seafood and dessert recipes have a shorter cook time.
Now you don’t have to be in Rome to do as the Romans do―with the Mediterranean Diet Slow Cooker Cookbook, you can eat well every day in your own home.
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Chicken with Olives and Capers
Serves 4 // Prep time: 10 minutes // Cook time: 6 to 8 hours on low
Olives, capers, and a quick sauce made from red wine vinegar are the real stars of this chicken recipe. When this is done cooking, I like to remove the chicken from the cooker, put it under the broiler to crisp the skin, and top it with the sauce from the slow cooker.
1. Put the chicken in a slow cooker and top it with the olives and their juice and the capers and their juice.
2. Pour the vinegar over the chicken and sprinkle the garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper on top.
3. Cover the cooker and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low heat.
4. Garnish with fresh basil for serving.
Ingredient tip: If you do not like dark meat, substitute chicken breast and reduce the cooking time by 1 hour or so since the white meat cooks faster than dark meat.
2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or legs
1 (53/4-ounce) jar green olives, with juice
1 (31/2-ounce) jar capers, with juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt / 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil