Forks Over Knives―The Cookbook: Over 300 Simple and Delicious Plant-Based Recipes to Help You Lose Weight, Be Healthier, and Feel Better Every Dayhwadmin
(as of Jul 24,2021 02:44:26 UTC – Details)
The secret is out: If you want to lose weight, lower your cholesterol, avoid cancer, and prevent (or even reverse) type 2 diabetes and heart disease, the right food is your best medicine—and the Forks Over Knives way is your solution. Forks Over Knives—the book, the film, and the movement—is the international phenomenon that first emphasized the benefits of plant-based eating, and thousands of people have cut out meat, dairy, and oils from their diet and seen amazing results. If you’re one of them, or you’d like to be, you need this cookbook.
Forks Over Knives—The Cookbook proves that the Forks Over Knives philosophy is not about what you can’t eat, but what you can. Chef Del Sroufe, the man behind some of the mouthwatering meals in the landmark documentary, and his collaborators transform wholesome fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes into hundreds of recipes—classic and unexpected, globally and seasonally inspired, and for every meal of the day, all through the year:
- Breakfast: Very Berry Smoothie, Breakfast Quinoa with Apple Compote
- Salads, Soups and Stews: Kale Salad with Maple-Mustard Dressing, Lotsa Vegetable Chowder, Lucky Black-Eyed Pea Stew
- Pasta and Noodle Dishes: Mushroom Stroganoff, Stir-Fried Noodles with Spring Vegetables
- Stir-Fried, Grilled and Hashed Vegetables: Grilled Eggplant “Steaks”
- Baked and Stuffed Vegetables: Millet-Stuffed Chard Rolls
- The Amazing Bean: White Beans and Escarole with Parsnips
- Great Grains: Polenta Pizza with Tomatoes and Basil
- Desserts: Apricot Fig Squares, Bursting with Berries Cobbler . . . and much more!
Simple, affordable, and delicious, the recipes in Forks Over Knives—The Cookbook put the power of real, healthy food in your hands. Join the Forks Over Knives movement and start cooking the plant-based way today—it could save your life!
From the Publisher
Learn what the Forks Over Knives movement is all about with 300 whole-food, plant-based recipes for every day, like . . .
Portobello Mushroom Tacos
Grilled mushrooms make a tasty filling for any number of wraps or tacos, and they’re so flavorful that you don’t need a lot to accompany them.
Vegetable White Bean Hash
Making a hash a great way to use whatever vegetables you have left over from the night before.
Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Fudgy Chocolate Frosting
These are rich and delicious chocolate cupcakes—what more do you need to know?
Eggplant Polenta Casserole
serves 6 to 8
Casseroles aren’t the usual fare in the summer, since they require lots of time around a hot oven, but this dish of creamy polenta on top of a stew of summer’s peak produce cries out for the making.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the onion in a large saucepan and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep onion from sticking to the pan.
3. Add the red pepper, eggplant, and garlic. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes, adding more water as needed.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the basil and spoon the mixture into baking dish. Spoon the polenta over the eggplant mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 large eggplants, stemmed and diced
8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 large tomatoes, diced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup chopped basil
1 batch polenta, kept warm