The 30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: 101 Easy, Flavorful Recipes for Lifelong Healthhwadmin
(as of Jun 22,2021 14:36:49 UTC – Details)
30-minute recipes to make the Mediterranean diet easy any day of the week
The vibrant, wholesome Mediterranean diet supports heart health and combats chronic disease―and folding it into an everyday routine is the surest way to feel its benefits. The 30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Cookbook helps anyone create a lifestyle full of all the delights this diet has to offer, from crisp produce to lean proteins and healthy fats on a foundation of hearty whole grains.
These uncomplicated recipes are perfect for anyone without a lot of time to spare―or without any kitchen experience. The ingredients can be easily found in grocery stores, and many recipes are labeled as 5-ingredient, one-pot, or 15-minute. Spending less time cooking means spending more time sitting down with a satisfying meal and toasting a glass of red wine to good health!
Set the table with dishes like:
- Mediterranean Potato Salad―Aromatic lemons and olives combine with fresh herbs in a vacation-inspired potato salad that’s perfect chilled for a summer picnic or warmed for a cold winter’s day.
- Tilapia with Red Onion and Avocado―Delicate fish fillets are perfectly cooked in only 3 minutes―in the microwave―before being stuffed with citrusy onions and complemented with creamy avocado.
- Chickpea Patties in Pitas―This twist on the beloved street food falafel wraps crunchy chickpea fritters in warm pita bread and tops them with refreshing cucumber yogurt sauce.
Make the Mediterranean diet an everyday habit with these quick, nourishing recipes.
From the Publisher
30-minute Mediterranean diet recipes for lasting health
Make the Mediterranean diet part of an everyday routine with these quick and easy recipes. They’re full of nourishing ingredients that can help support heart health and combat chronic disease.
Pomegranate Cherry Smoothie Bowl
The magical combo of pomegranate and cherry—along with a dash of cinnamon—provides natural sweetness in this creamy, frosty smoothie that’s so thick, it can be eaten with a spoon.
Cannellini Bean Lettuce Wraps
For a Mediterranean spin on a classic lettuce wrap, fill crisp leaves of romaine lettuce with a warm, buttery bean filling and then spoon on Lemony Garlic Hummus.
Green and White Pizza
This recipe is made with vibrant green spinach and arugula, but the topping possibilities are endless. Try out other refreshing combinations, like zucchini with basil or asparagus with mint.
Yogurt-and-Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Slather the rosemary-scented yogurt on with abandon; this Mediterranean-style twist on pork tenderloin ensures that it will come out tender, juicy, and perfectly cooked.
And don’t forget dessert:
Grilled Stone Fruit with Whipped Ricotta
Prep time: 10 mins / Cook time: 10 mins
An outdoor grill or a stove-top grill pan can quickly turn summer stone fruit, like peaches, nectarines, apricots, and plums, into caramelized sweet treats. Light and fluffy whipped ricotta makes the perfect dessert topping.
1. Spray the cold grill or a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the grill or grill pan to medium heat.
2. Place a large, empty bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
3. Brush the fruit all over with the oil. Place the fruit cut-side down on the grill or pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until grill marks appear. (If you’re using a grill pan, cook in two batches.) Using tongs, turn the fruit over. Cover the grill (or the grill pan with aluminum foil) and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, until the fruit is easily pierced with a sharp knife. Set aside to cool.
4. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and add the ricotta. Using an electric beater, beat the ricotta on high for 2 minutes. Add the honey and nutmeg and beat for 1 more minute. Divide the warm (or room temperature) fruit among 4 serving bowls and top with the ricotta.
Calories: 176; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 24mg; Sodium: 40mg; Total Carbohydrates: 20g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 7g
Nonstick cooking spray
4 peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 sprigs mint, for garnish (optional)